Saturday, August 20, 2011

Welcome to Couponing

I am starting this blog as trial.  I started couponing the beginning of May (only 3 1/2 months ago) and have already saved $745 just at Dillons, that doesn't even count Walgreens and Rons IGA.  I thought it would be great to let others new to couponing in on the rules.

Let's go over a few ground rules of couponing!  First, a lot of companies have started setting limits on the number of "like coupons" used in each shopping trip.  P&G coupons are almost always limited in the number you can use in one shopping trip.

Next, try to be respectful to other couponers.  Don't clear the shelf of a product even if you can get it for free or receive a surplus back from it.  Leave some for the next person.  At Dillons I would even prefer to miss out on the bargain as long as my matching coupon is good for awhile because their rainchecks are good for 60 days.

Third, share in the wealth.  I have received enough stuff mostly for free (at Dillons and Rons IGA you still have to pay tax on the original amount) that I have helped my sister and mother start on a stockpile, too!

So get your coupons tomorrow, and let's begin looking for local coupon match-ups!

No comments:

Post a Comment